[NSRCA-discussion] APC 18.1 x 10W props

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 22 14:49:33 AKST 2006

Hi Mike,

I got to try the prop over the weekend and I really like it. You certainly
achieved your goals with this prop because I had to learn to fly a
completely different model. The flight speed envelope is very consistent and
slower compared to my previous setup. Unfortunately the weekend was very
windy which made flying quite challenging and I couldn't get my model dialed
in to my liking flying the slower speed. I did manage to get a flight in
when the wind was very light and I found this prop combination fantastic.
The down-line braking and the vertical pulling performance really impressed
me.

I also found it easier to make the back ends of all the Cuban 8's and
reverse Cubans round because the model flies a constant speed everywhere
therefore very little elevator work was required to keep the shape.

I now have to learn to fly smaller because I was getting very close to the
time limit on most of my P07 flights.

The 18.1 x 10W is definitely a keeper for me. Thank you for making this prop
available to all of us.

Regards,

Peter

P.S My DZ160 pulls this prop at 8150 RPM

  _____