[NSRCA-discussion] FAI sporting code on judge transparency

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Mon Nov 20 05:46:40 AKST 2006

You have to realize that FAI World Champs are done using Team Managers as
the communicators.  The Team Managers have the right to go to the contest
management and deal with any issues that may arise, such as scoring
problems.  You also have to remember that a FAI Jury is also in place, and
their job is to oversee the event to ensure that all rules are followed and
that any judging issues are resolved.

Once scores are posted, the TM can deal directly with the management to
resolve scoring problems.

When I was in Austria as TM, one of the Japanese judges gave all of the
Japanese pilots all 10's during their flights.  He was removed from the
judges chair and Japan was not allowed to provide a judge at the next world
champs (which happened to be held in Japan!)  The fault was found by the
Jury even before the TM's got the info, and it was dealt with by the Jury.

In the US at local events, we can pretty much figure out when we have a
judging problem as there are usually only 2 judges in the chair...

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32505