[NSRCA-discussion] '08 F3A Rule Proposals

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Mon Nov 6 09:58:35 AKST 2006

Actually... it would just be fair to go by take-off weight.  the E-powered
models ARE weighed "with full fuel load" since they are weighed with thier
batteries.

Thus.. the E-power models used in F3A (and other levels of Pattern) have a
weight allowance penalty comparable to the fuel capacity of the average glow
powered model used in F3A.

Right now.. the E-power flyer has the choice of putting weight into the
airframe, or into the batteries for the capacity to have the durration
needed to fly the sequence.  Let the fuel-powered competitors have the same
choice (and the same risk of running out of "juice" before the sequence is
over if they choose structure over fuel capacity)