[NSRCA-discussion] Streamline - Day 2

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Wed Nov 1 10:19:56 AKST 2006

Day 2
Mounting for the H stab is very poor - basically just the skin. Not even a
snug fit so I'll probably re-enforce it and fill the gaps. Replaced the tail
wheel. Also replaced the control rods provided as they wouldn't fit into the
control horns.

Decided to start with an O.S. 46AX. The HP is greater and the vibrations are
lower than the FL-70.

Hinge slots missing from fuse tail.

LG is attached with screws to a thin piece of plywood. Doubled up the ply
and used bolts.

The cowl is a very poor quality molding. The rear edges are so warped
outwards that they are going to be very difficult to screw to the fuse. I
may have to build up the nose somewhat so that the contour matches that of
the cowl.

There is no engine mounting instructions either for drilling the holes in
the firewall for the captive nuts nor for thrust line offset. Solved the
problem by using an old Hangar 9 Al one-piece mount, tacking it onto the
firewall with Si sealer, then checking the ability to align to the cowl
before I used the drill. The mount uses a clamp-down mounting rather than
bolts and allows me the ability to put a little right thrust in it, if
necessary, just by moving the engine around a little.

Jay Marshall