[NSRCA-discussion] Paysant-Le Roux's Oxalyis using a winglet aft of canopy???

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Wed May 24 19:41:58 AKDT 2006

I have built and flown one....I also spoke directly to CPLR about its
function.  Its primary function is to improve rudder effectiveness by
cleaning up the slipstream around the fuse, secondly it helps to reduce
the amount of pitch to the belly during level flight rudder application,
so improving things like rolling circles.  Does it work?  Its very
subtle...but you can tell some differences....is it better?  I dont
know, but every time I took it off my Enigma I didnt like the way the
plane flew afterwards.  It did certainly remove my pitch mixing in knife
edge (5% both ways).....and I think it did help with rollers.  It also
forced a thrust line change for vertical climbs.

Anyways, its a 200mm span, 100mm at the root, 60mm at the tip, straight
TE, naca 0010 profile, and set 0.5 deg negative relative to the stab.
The LE of the small wing sits slightly ahead of the TE of the big wing
if I remember right.

Dead simple to make (takes 1 evening)....try it out, toss it if you hate
it, keep it if you dont :)

Chad