[NSRCA-discussion] ys engines out of production ?????

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun May 21 18:11:07 AKDT 2006

I spoke to Richard last Thursday.

He said another shipment left Japan the week before. This is the 3rd major
shipment to hit the USA since Jan1st and the 4th shipment to hit the USA
since Thanksgiving.

It is my understanding that usually Yamada ships about 3-4 major shipments a
year to the USA. We are not mid May and it looks like Yamada has almost
doubled its shipment to the USA.

Basically my understanding is the GP has discontinued the product. Great
Planes distributors no longer carries YS engines. That does not mean YS is
no longer produced.

There is a still huge demand for YS here in North America and YS Performance
is doing all it can to supply that demand. Yamada in Japan is doing all it
can to fill the demand as well. Yes they seem to be in short supply but the
wait times to get one is really only down to a few weeks or a little over a
month. This is if there are no longer any available when you try to order.

Your best bet in my opinion is Central Hobbies. They usually get a large
share of the shipment. This combined with Mandi and the folks keep a
backorder list....I have heard more than once that Mandi called me and my
motor was in. Then just a couple days later there it was. Those folks do a
really good job of trying to get everybody the motors they need.

Hot motors seem to be the 110's right now. They are awesome powerhouses and
there are so many models out today to drop the YS110 into.

Long story is the motors should be here in a couple weeks depending on
customs.

Troy Newman
--YS Performance Field Rep
--Central Hobbies Customer