[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker gearbox

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Sat May 20 20:38:39 AKDT 2006

Stuart,
I'm pretty sure the setscrews are removable, but it's a moot point if you've
got them loose. The gearbox unscrews counter clockwise like a conventional
nut and bolt. An extra set of hands really helps with the strap wrenches.
They can be pretty awkward as you've found out. It takes a fair amount of
force to overcome the loctite on the threads. It also helps to have one
person holding a strap wrench and the motor against a solid table while the
other person unscrews the gearbox with the second strap wrench.

Verne