[NSRCA-discussion] Neu gearbox

Larry ledunn at centurytel.net
Thu May 18 08:30:59 AKDT 2006

I got mine direct from Enerland as evaluation packs for field testing.

As far as I know, the only retail source so far is thru Brian at Tanic
Packs.

http://www.tanicpacks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=78&osCsid=1cd60458e3bd2908f9edd6937beaf3a4

A 5S1P pack is $310.00 I think, so $620.00 for 10S

If you are on a budget - Yesterday I got 2 new 5S2P 4000 15C packs from
CommonsenceRC.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/index.php?cPath=37_43

Look under "Big packs"

Same exact weight (within a few grams) as the 5000 packs. Two of them
stacked is the same height and width, but a little longer than two of the
5000 packs end to end. Less capacity and lower max amp draw, BUT they are
only $196.00 per 5S2P pack for a total of $392. But I think they are still
on sale at 20% off plus free shipping? That gets you down to $313.00 for the
10S2P pack.

Half of the Tanic cost. These should easily do my current power level and
some more and not cause me any CG change issues or mounting issues.

The only thing about Commonsence RC packs I don't like is the balance tap. I
change all my big packs over to TP taps or use adaptors so I can charge with
the TP1010/210 combo.

Larry