[NSRCA-discussion] Brio 10

Dean Funk deanfunk1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 06:44:15 AKDT 2006

HI Jay,

I had the same situation with the Phoenix 25 in a
Quiet Storm. Had about 20 flights on it with no
overheating and then on the last flight the ESC
unsoldered it's self. Same result - at first my brain
said - deadstick no problem - then I realized just how
dead my "sticks" where. as it plowed in....

aggghhhh!

wondering if it's a manufacturing defect....

My little brio snap rolled to it's death this past
saturday. I was doing a stall turn with a easy pull up
from the down leg. Nothing hard or sharp.  I was on
low rates. I was just feeding in elevator while slowly
advancing the throttle. and whammm, a couple quick
snaps to the right and well, slamm....

I really feel like I have no luck with these little
electrics. I am thinking about selling all the
electric junk - oh -  I mean stuff that I own....
Besides that they fly like small toy airplanes and I
don't feel they help me much as a practice pattern
plane anyhow.

I get more out of Aerofly sim for practice.

good luck to anyone with the little Brio - lots of
hype there. I was really dispointed right from the
first flight - not great performance here - I had
about 10 flights on her. and thought that the Quite
Storm was a much better plane that flew more like a
bigger plane than the little brio.

The Brio seems to fly like it's about 6 oz over weight
even at 32 oz....

I guess I am going to put up a garage sale on RCU,
I've got a couple of Tourque outrunners, 45 amp
Airboss ESC, a couple of 2100 packs and charger, 8
micro servos etc....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483149&pp=15

> >> I would not do 5 servos. It will add extra weight
> and you run a very good
> >> chance of over heating the BEC in your esc. You
> could use a separate BEC,
> >> but that adds weight too.
> >>
> >> Cutting the rear of the fuse is no big deal. It
> works fine.
> >>
> >> DO tape the canopy on when flying or do one of
> the canopy latch mods in
> > the
> >> thread. It will come off in flight if you don't.
> The gear axles are very
> >> soft and bend easily, I would replace them -
> especially if flying off
> > grass.
> >>
> >> With the 480 up front, you might be able to get a
> good cg with the servo
> > in
> >> the front, but in the rear seems to work better
> for most people.
> >>
> >> As someone else reported, the one I assembled
> came with almost ALL parts
> >> warped. It took a good bit of work with the iron
> to get it straight.
> >>
> >> Mine came in at 31.2oz or so with a geared
> inrunner setup. Flys well
> > enough,
> >> tracks well. Tends to snap out in a hard pull.
> Knifes well. 3D is just
> > OK.
> >> Wants to land with some speed. Does not fly like
> a big plane.
> >>
> >> Hope that helps.
> >>
> >> Larry

=== message truncated ===