[NSRCA-discussion] Brio 10

Larry ledunn at centurytel.net
Tue May 16 18:22:13 AKDT 2006

There is a ton of info in this very long thread on RC Groups about the Brio.
Lots of details on several different motor setups, servos front vrs back
etc. Actual building info starts on about page 5 or so IIRC.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483149&pp=15

I would not do 5 servos. It will add extra weight and you run a very good
chance of over heating the BEC in your esc. You could use a separate BEC,
but that adds weight too.

Cutting the rear of the fuse is no big deal. It works fine.

DO tape the canopy on when flying or do one of the canopy latch mods in the
thread. It will come off in flight if you don't. The gear axles are very
soft and bend easily, I would replace them - especially if flying off grass.

With the 480 up front, you might be able to get a good cg with the servo in
the front, but in the rear seems to work better for most people.

As someone else reported, the one I assembled came with almost ALL parts
warped. It took a good bit of work with the iron to get it straight.

Mine came in at 31.2oz or so with a geared inrunner setup. Flys well enough,
tracks well. Tends to snap out in a hard pull. Knifes well. 3D is just OK.
Wants to land with some speed. Does not fly like a big plane.

Hope that helps.

Larry