[NSRCA-discussion] weight limits for electrics?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon May 15 19:51:17 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 5/15/2006 2:02:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
robertm at sssnet.com writes:
This rule change could also help us return to a simpler less expensive road.
Encourage more suppliers to go back to the traditional type construction.  If
someone wants to be competitive on a world level then they can persue the
more complex, higher dollar route.  I'm not gonna spend wads of cash on a mega
dollar bipe just to win a $5 piece of wood.  I'm nowhere convinced they will fly
better just because they'll be bigger.  The designs available now fly pretty
good.
I don't see that happening. Pattern as a descipline will always demand the
best available, not just the best any competitor can afford. True that some
competitors take the less expensive route, but many if not most will buy the most
expensive because of the perceived value. Historically, increased weight
always has increased the cost and as much as we bitched about it, we went ahead and
payed through the nose anyway.

MattK