[NSRCA-discussion] Newbie question - landing and approach

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon May 15 19:24:26 AKDT 2006

Larry,

You will need to turn back after exiting the box, generally in a flat turn
and usually away from the flight line, depending on how far away you ended the
Double I. Other reversals are also allowed, particularly since you are outside
the stage, but no hot-dogging. In the old schedule where Landings were scored
in standard fashion, hot-dogging was definitely not allowed, and you got
penalized.

In the present schedule where Landings are either 0 or 10, the idea is to
re-enter the box downwind, turn to final and land. The score is either of the
numbers I mentioned. In general, as long as you land in the zone, you score a 10.
The Zeros are defined well in the maneuver description; there are several. If
you land inside but roll to stop outside, it isn't a penalty.

Hope that helps

Matt

In a message dated 5/15/2006 10:26:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,