[NSRCA-discussion] weight limits for electrics?

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Mon May 15 04:51:18 AKDT 2006

"I'm not gonna spend wads of cash on a mega dollar bipe just to win a $5
piece of wood."

Are you flying a 2 meter today? Or a 60 powered Jekyll?

Looking back into the past of what I know, opening up the rules to allow
bigger planes/engines etc. has always driven up the cost...and although
it may start at an international competition level it seems to have
always filtered down to every class. You hardly see the old school 60's
anymore.

In time guys would spend big cash on bipes if thats the direction it
went....otherwise you would not be competitive. The ones that could
afford it would, the rest would leave. Current 2 meters didnt happen
overnight......but they did happen.....and so will big ass bipes if the
rules are opened up.

Chad