[NSRCA-discussion] Flying into the sun????????????????

Del K. Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Thu May 11 07:30:58 AKDT 2006

A trick I have used when I knew I was going to get blasted by sun was to shut one eye before entering area and raise my transmitter to block out the actual sun. Course I don't use tray. Then when I feel is safe to open other eye after plane should be out of sun glare and saved the plane..  At the point score if being judged was no longer an issue. Later before flying I would ask judges for permission to adjust a given maneuver area because of sun and normally it was already given by CD but to make sure judges realized before my flight what I was doing. Hope it helps someone save a plane when they get near or into the sun.

                 Del
          nsrca - 473