[NSRCA-discussion] Blinky balancer

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Sat May 6 22:20:47 AKDT 2006

TP charger and balancer....charging 10s all the time is great....I would
never want to go back to charging the packs seperately.

I think for the moment only Schulze and TP make balancers that are
capable of dealing with 10s packs, the TP one is far cheaper than the
equivelent Schulze.

I use the Full charge setting and normally recharge about 3500-4200
mAh....takes around 45-60 minutes for those charge levels.

The one issue at the moment is that the over-voltage cutout in the
charger is a bit conservative and has a habit of being set off while
charging the big series packs....there is an update coming in June that
can be done through your computer that will improve this (need a cable
from TP to do it though).  For the moment I have been charging without
the data cable to bypass this problem...works just as good but you lose
some safety features.

Chad