[NSRCA-discussion] Falcon F3A batteries

Ron Barr rsbxon at ev1.net
Fri Mar 31 16:30:15 AKST 2006

Sorry that I am a little late in responding ....

I am also using these batteries by Falcon.   I have 2 sets and have about 20
flights on them.   I am pleased with the performance so far.  I am flying
them in a 10 pound 12 oz Genesis that I built from a CA kit (Hacker C50XL13
motor).

I am impressed with the overall concept of exactly matching cells:
Capacity,  Impedence and voltage.  The batteries come with a "pedigree" to
certify that the cells are matched.  I also purchased the available voltage
checker to allow monitoring of each cell set.  Also there is a balancer
available to balance the cells.   So far the balancer has not been needed to
any great extent.  The voltage checker allows you to monitor individual cell
set performance under all conditions:  charging , discharging and still.

Lastly the batteries are 5S2P.  This obviously means there are half the
cells of the 5s4P type of batteries.  This appeals to me in that the since
there is half the number of cells,  the probability of failure may be
reduced by a factor of 2 given all other factors are the same.

The proof of the concept is in the actual performance and we are well along
that path now.   I will say that Falcon has been around for a while and has
a solid reputation.

Like Earl I purchased my batteries and am not sponsored.   The owner is
George Harrington and he is a solid guy who also flys.

Ron Barr
AMA 6507
Team Futaba