[NSRCA-discussion] An education in balsa usage for pattern

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 28 13:43:49 AKST 2006

Not directly applicable to pattern, but certainly a good start:
Buy and build a Stevens Aeromodel kit. The planes are small (35-50"
span, 1-2.5lbs) and electric powered. I'm about 1/2 done building the
Edge 540, and am actually enjoying the build because I am constantly in
awe of the genius wood design and its results (consider that this Edge
540 is 40-sized, but will weigh only 2lbs with more performance than all
but the most dedicated 40-sized 3D glow planes).

-Adam