[NSRCA-discussion] Reducing the odds...

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Tue Mar 28 08:38:04 AKST 2006

Hi Earl,
This sounds a whole lot loke the similar duct I have placed around my AXI outrunner.
It is astounding how much a difference a real cooling duct makes.
Fans inside the motor are a band-aid. The top-down solution is good airflow management.

The picture is of the ductwork in the Funtana I am doing for FM.
The subject is modifying the plane for high-performance electric. (high heat and RF generation)
The airbox in the front of the cowl encloses the front of the motor,
and feeds the internals and the 1/8" gap in the duct with high pressure air.

later,
Dean

Dean Pappas