[NSRCA-discussion] Plans for small electric pattern

Thomas D. Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Mar 27 15:04:57 AKST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:04:25 -0500
Terry Terrenoire <amad2terry at juno.com> wrote:

> I just finished an electric version of the 1974 Dick Sarpolis design,
> Whiplash!
> The plane has a fully symetrical foam wing. 48" span., 385 Sq in, and
> I kept the weight to 31.8oz, including a 1500 3 cell LiPo.
> Have not had a chance to fly it yet, but have been flying a 3 1/4#
> version with an OS 32 w/ tuned pipe for over 10 years. The wet version
> flys just greaat, and I am very anxious to get the E version in the
> air. I have the original plans, and I have made templates for all the
> major parts, so I could create a "short kit" if you want.
>
> Terry T.

Hi Terry,

I don't know what other responses you may have gotten, but a .32 size
plane with pattern like flight manners sounds great to me.  My flying
skills are at the point where cumulative stick time is way more
important than stick time on a particular model and a .32 size plane
would be great for keeping in the car and getting a few flights in on
the way home from work every day.

I found a reference to the article and plan being published in the
November 1974 issue of American Aviation Modeler (I think that's
correct...), but can't turn up an on-line source for the plans.  If I
can find the plans (or at least a construction outline) I would be
interested in a short kit.

By the way, I'm intentionally replying to the list in hopes of stirring
up some interest.  Sure, it isn't the latest composite widebody but I
bet it's fun/$$ ratio is pretty hard to beat.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com