[NSRCA-discussion] Reducing the odds...

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Mon Mar 27 13:07:20 AKST 2006

Jim

I've used the datalogger to monitor in-flight performance quite a bit.
Typically, during  a P-07 flight the low voltage stays above 35v (typically
<65A max) and power consumption is in the range of 3000 to 3400 mAh
(depending on wind) for an eight minute flight. I've set the ESC min volts /
cell to 3.0v, but 3.3 would work. These numbers are similar with APC 20x15,
21x14, and 21x13W E props - Hacker C50XL-14 motor.

Be observant of motor heating in the Abbra, I saw some pretty high numbers
with "typical" baffles. Filled the nose with foam (wing core type), bored a
"tunnel" for the motor, and hot wired ducts. Motor stays very cool now.

Earl