[NSRCA-discussion] Painting

Jim Woodward jim.woodward at schroth.com
Tue Mar 21 12:45:49 AKST 2006

I used one of the suction Harbor Freight touch up guns to paint a plane.
Results were good.  However, because of the suction, you must mix up MUCH
more paint than you need to do the job, so that the suction tube never sucks
air from the mix can.  Also, if you try to paint using only a little bit of
paint mix, if you tip the gun at any angle, the suction tip will suck air
and you'll spit out plane instead of spraying a pure mix.

I would bet that within 1 or 2 paint jobs, a gravity feed gun will pay for
itself in saved paint. Ken told me one time that he uses syringes and
tablespoons to mix the small amount of paint needed for our planes.  Get a
gravity feed gun if you can.

Thanks,

Jim

  _____