[NSRCA-discussion] test

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Mar 20 07:17:39 AKST 2006

That happened to me. I finally figured out what caused it.

  I use a web based mail server, and there is a "spam" button that I click whenever I get spam in my inbox. It sends a message to my server flagging the message as spam, and it also adds the spammers email address into my blocked addresses list.

  Spammers use a lot of tricks to get past spam detection, and one of the tricks they use is to spoof the "from" email address to be the same as the person they are sending the email to. So, at some point I inadvertently blocked my own email address when I clicked on the "spam" button. I did not realize it until I was no longer getting my own messages from the NSRCA list. That is when I found my email address in the blocked list.

  Now, I check the "from" email address before I click the spam button. Quite often there will be some other name associated with my email address in the spam emails.

  Bob R.

Steven Maxwell <patternrules at earthlink.net> wrote:
                 Jim my own replies go to my suspect mail everytime, not sure why my own wouldn't come though, I am running high settings for spam.

    Steven Maxwell