[NSRCA-discussion] Need help setting up pipe

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Sat Mar 18 22:14:19 AKST 2006

Hi Bill,

Set it up for 24" from the baffle to the glow plug (IIRC the baffle
is 13.5" back from the front of the pipe).  That length gives a nice
amount of boost without being peaky whether you run 15% nitro or
Magnum #1.  With an APC 17x12 you should see ~8200 rpm +/- 200 rpm
depending on what nitro and whose fuel you choose.  Be aware that if
the motor is new the idle won't be too great until you get >15 or 20
flights on it.  The top end numbers won't come into their own until
about then either.  The sleeve on the Webra's is really hard and it
takes 20+ flights for it to really "settle in" and then it just gets
better and better.

Just my $0.02 (not that I'd know anything about Webra's...)

Jerry