[NSRCA-discussion] Landmark for e-pattern: >1C charging

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 15 06:00:10 AKST 2006

 I did find this posted by Charlie Wang on rcgroups, there doesn't seem to
be much difference in time for full charge and fast charge at 3C. this was
posted 3 days ago.

I have just finished studying the effect of 3C charging with Thunder Power
ProLite batteery packs.
Equipment used are TP1010C charger with any of the TP balancer
1)Charger set to full charge:Charge time is 26 minutes(charge to 97%/4.175V)
2)Charger set to fast charge:Charge time is 23 minutes (Charge to 95%/4.16V)
Charging at 3C with TP1010/balancer for Power ProLites batteries will give
you the same cycle life as charging at 1C.
This is after a 4 months test with thousands of charge cycles.

I think 23 minutes to 26 minutes charging will become the standard of
2006/2007.

Regards,
Chalie

Steven Maxwell