[NSRCA-discussion] 4.8 volt Vs 6.0 volt

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Mar 14 14:59:32 AKST 2006

Because 1 escapement was used for rudder, a second was cascaded for elevator, and a third was used for high/low speed engine control.  Each was powered by it's separate (hand-wound after each flight) length of rubber, similar to Wakefield and other classes of rubber-band models.
This class, (an actual AMA class in the early/mid 50's) was Class 2.  Not unsurprisingly, the common slang term for it was "Mickey Mouse."

Bill Glaze