[NSRCA-discussion] 4.8 volt Vs 6.0 volt

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Mar 9 17:58:25 AKST 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 8:39 PM, Jerry Budd wrote:

>> Third, you may not be aware, but 30 years ago many of us were using
>> Kraft KPS-12 servos (smallest and lightest!) in .60 cu-in
>> engine powered airplanes weighing up to 8 pounds.  The KPS-12 servo
>> had a torque of 18 in-oz. Think about that for a while.
>
> Hi Ron,
>
> I took your advise, and after thinking about it for a while I can
> only come to one conclusion...
>
> You are really, really OLD!

OK.  That settles it.  Jim Oddino is just as old as me and I expect
he will be offended that you call people our age old.  He lives out
there on the left coast and he will probably find you, wherever you
hide, and punish you.  Right Jim?

> Sheesh!  Single digit servo numbers?  How <retro>.

Single digit servo numbers?  12 is a single digit?  What public
school did you graduate from, sonny?

> Next you're going to tell us how CA bottles used to be sealed with
> wax!

CA?  What's that?  The only things I can remember that were sealed
with wax were the receiver IF transformers and the little bottles of
sweet water you got from the grocery store.

Ron Van Putte