[NSRCA-discussion] 4.8 volt Vs 6.0 volt

Bill Markovitz wdmarko at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 07:28:36 AKST 2006

Hi all..........I purchased a Quest and a Futaba 9CAF
at the WRAM show.  The 9CAF comes with 3151 digital
servos rated at 4.3 oz/in.  I would like to use these
servos with the 90 size Quest for competing in the
Intermediate class and won't be using it for 3D
flying.  Are these servos adequate for this
application?  If not, would going to 6 volts give me
the additonal torque that I need?  How much more
torque would going to 6 volts give me?  Are there any
known problems using an on-board 6 volt power supply?
The 9CAF manual states that driving the servos with a
6 volt supply is an option.

Thanks.............Bill       :)