[NSRCA-discussion] Big LiPo pack charging

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Tue Mar 7 13:36:50 AKST 2006

Hi Adam,
Yes, that's what it does: it thieves from the high cells, and if the thieving current isn't enough, then the chargre is throttled back until the low cells catch up. A simple adaptor can be made to fit any other brand's power and tap connector(s). According to the folks in the FMA booth, they plan on selling TP to CellPro or TP to BalancePro adaptors, as well as for other brands of batteries. The lack of display on the BalancePro is a shame, though the cheaper 4-cell CellPro has one! It's just a more recent design, and folks like myself griped about the lack of a display enough that they made the next product better.
Hey, I just look at my watch and do some simple arithmetic. It ain't that hard!
Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications