[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel Regulation in 2C Engines

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 08:41:01 AKST 2006

Nat,

Interesting, I do exactly as you described.  The engine perform very well when throttling up and idle is fine.  Power is just incredible.  The problem that I see is that throttling down the engine does not go to idle fast enough.  Probably, I am getting too old.

Vicente

From: "Nat Penton" <natpenton at centurytel.net>

Vicente
My experience in setting the idle on a two stroke is to continue to lean until it wont run, then richen slightly. The motor will then be instantly responsive to throttle. If you run with a rich idle you can pinch the fuel line, at idle, and the engine will continue to run, even speed up as it approaches the right mixture.                           Nat