[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel Regulation in 2C Engines

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon Mar 6 21:25:46 AKST 2006

Jerry,
 Thanks for confirming my observation re- lean idle = slow transition to
idle. I first noticed this on my old Arctic Cat sleds. I've always felt more
comfortable with 4-strokes - I guess that comes from wrenching Harleys. I'm
finally figuring these ringy-dingy 2-strokes out I guess. So who says toy
airplanes aren't educational?

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

BTW - I've been using sealed bearings (seals on both sides / -2RS type)
front and rear. In stock configuration, normally the front bearing is
shielded on one side only - no seals. This does nothing (or at best very
little) to seal the crankcase. With both sides sealed, there is much less
chance of an air leak that would definitely causes slow transition AND
erratic idle. In extreme cases I've seen motors that wouldn't shut off even
with the throttle fully closed. The fix was new bearings.