[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel Regulation in 2C Engines

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 17:12:59 AKST 2006

Dean, Vicente and all,

The high volume arrangement, with pressure up to around 6 psi, was  available
from the YS 2 stroke set-up we used to fly 15 years ago. And as I  recall,
that arrangement wasn't really much better in fuel delivery than the  better
set-ups of today. The 2 stroke still tended to wind up on downlines,  less
brakes, etc. BUT, it was a little easier for anyone to play with it and  arguably a
bit more reliable.

It seems that it's a built-in characteristic of 2 strokes. I think Dave's
approach of attacking a different part of the power system is a means to an end.
 Variable pitch props have been tried before but perhaps it's time to
re-visit  them with the programming features available in today's radios.

On the other hand, I might never try it at least in competition.  Although I
am a tinkerer by nature, I much prefer KISS for competition  set-ups.

regards
Matt

In a message dated 3/5/2006 8:31:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,