[NSRCA-discussion] For Sale: Mantis

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 5 13:19:12 AKST 2006

I am selling my last glow pattern airplane.

This NBEngineering Mantis EX was pro-built, covered (Ultracote), and
painted by Nedim Bek in late 2003. It uses carbon lamiation extensively.
The fuselage is a glass-foam-kevlar construction, wings are balsa
sheeted foam. The one-piece wing is actually a two-piece wing (see
pictures).

It was my primary airplane for the 2004 season, and my primary for the
first month of the 2005 season. It was my backup airplane at the 2005
World Champions in France. It has approximately 500 flights. This
airplane is very nearly as good as pattern airplanes get. I placed 18th
at the 2004 US Nationals with it, and it is definitely capable of
higher. The Mantis excels at constant speed flight due to relatively
high drag, as well as knife-edge flight and maneuvers, due to its thick,
airfoiled fuselage.

Pictures of the Mantis as I fly it:
*homepage.usask.ca/ajg360/Mantis.zip* . It weighed in at 4.6kg as
pictured in France.

Airframe with: linkages and control horns, Bolly landing gear, NBE wheel
pants, DuBro fuel tank, NBE muffler mount, NBE axial dampening motor
mount (like a Hyde mount), nose ring, remote glow, NBE bellcrank and
carbon rod, 7/8" PBG CF wing tube... - $1500Cdn

Add servos: 4pcs JR 8401 (identical to 8411SA) + 1pcs JR ds3301 - $280Cdn

Add motor: YS 140DZ + APC props (3 new, 1 used) + CD header + Greve DZ
muffler - $500Cdn

I have a wood box for this airplane that I could ship it in. This box
safely transported the Mantis on two airplane trips: to Toronto, and to
France. Including the box, shipping is $120Cdn anywhere in Canada or USA.

Adam Glatt
Saskatoon, Canada
adam.g at sasktel.net
306 373 0557