[NSRCA-discussion] IMAC Vs Pattern Participation? Does the DogHunt on points made?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Mar 2 08:21:44 AKST 2006

Bob:
Excellent analysis.  From my own limited observation, it seems that one of the barriers is how highly technical we have gotten.  This difficulty is also shared with IMAC, of course.  (Ever look into one of these IMAC giants and see 4 servos ganged together in tandem just for the rudder?  The compensating linkage alone is striking.)
 I have seen aerobatics go from being competitive with a sport plane, (at one time, the sport planes WERE the competition planes) to our present state.
But then, I can also remember when NASCAR stood for actual Stock Cars!  I remember stories of people winning a race with their Dad's new Buick, and having it back in the garage at home before Dad even realized it had been missing.  Try that now.
I guess the whole world has gotten more complicated.

Bill Glaze