[NSRCA-discussion] Signal Seekers Contest

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 02:19:10 AKDT 2006

I'd like to thank Bob Kane for all of his hardwork putting on a great contest this past weekend.  The turnout wasn't as good as we had hoped for, but it was fun all the same.

I believe there were 11 pilots 1 Sportsman, 1 Intermediate, 3 Advanced, 4 Masters and 2 FAI.

If I can remember correctly, the awards were as follows,

Sportsman

    1.  Mike Wizynajtys

Intermediate

    1.  Ken Thompson, even though Bob said I tried to give it away:-)

    1.  Mike Darr
    2.  Dennis Bodary
    3.  Charlie Williams

Masters

    1.  Verne Koester
    2.  Bob Fortino
    3.  Bob Kane
    4.  Brad Slaughter

FAI

    1.  Bob Mairs
    2.  Steve Maxwell

A special thanks to the guys that came out from the Signal Seekers to help out, and the club itself.

As for my flying, if I can start from where I was in my last round, I might have something to build on!!!  Thanks to all the guys for not laughing too hard:-)

Ken Thompson
aka: Boulder...thanks Verne