[NSRCA-discussion] 16th Annual Pocono Pattern contest report

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:57:18 AKDT 2006

BlankDespite very gloomy weather forecasts for the entire weekend (Severe T-storms, 90% chance of precip, flash flooding, dogs & cats living together yada-yada), we had 23 pilots brave the weather and compete.  Clearly we would have had a better draw without these conditions, but we made a good contest out of it. It's great to see the attitude that people have, who still arrived from New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, Tennessee, PA, "Joisey", upstate NY and points in between.  I know that feeling you get when you are one of the long distance travelers slogging through downpours on the way, wondering if there's even a chance that there's going to be any flying possible.  Best of all was the strong attendance in Sportsman and Intermediate under these conditions.  7 in Sportsman, 5 in Intermediate - half the contest was with guys with 0 to 5 years time in the sport.  And the support from the guys in the club who still come out to sit in the rain to man the impound, tally the scores and grill the burgers is just great.

In between rain delays we got 4 rounds in for all AMA classes, 3 for FAI.  We decided to defer the informal "Mini e-Pattern" event until the 51st annual AGS Pattern contest in Sayre, PA in August.  Bob Noll graciously offered us a slot at to take that show in the road, which we will be doing.  A .pdf with detailed results for all places in each class will be emailed out to participants early this week.  Results 1st -3rd are:

Sportsman

1st - Carl Veit
2nd - Bruce Ginn
3rd - Bob Soden

Intermediate

1st - Scott Anderson
2nd - John Pavlick
3rd - Joe Zeigenfus

1st Jim Quinn

Masters

1st - Joe Lachowski
2nd - Ron Lockhart
3rd - Ed Alt

FAI

1st - Dave Lockhart
2nd - Bob Noll

Thanks again for all the support and help from everyone.  A bunch thanks and of credit goes to Joe Lachowski for his co-CD help.

Ed