[NSRCA-discussion] Interference Problem

Scott Pavlock f3aflyer7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:52:03 AKDT 2006

Hopefully someone can help with this. I have been getting interference on my
Focus for the past three flights causing me to land, and I can't seem to
solve the problem. Initially I thought it was the RX and TX, so I changed
them both and moved to an entirely different frequency. I flew the plane
again and it glitched in the air just as the first two times. The glitch is
a quick and significant change in attitude. When I landed, the regulator was
warm so I removed it thinking it was going bad. I replaced it with a regular
4 cell NiCd pack. I changed the receiver once again and am still getting the
glitch. I decided to remove all the arms from my servos (JR Digitals) so
that there would be no load and see how the problem is. The servos, under no
load, buzz considerably. It's not the "I'm under load" type buzz, but more
of a twitching, crackling type buzz. Are my servos going bad? When I plugged
in a new 8417, the buzz is non existant in that servo.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Scott