[NSRCA-discussion] Switch /replacement/reliability

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jun 16 10:37:42 AKDT 2006

Like checking both mags before taking off in a real plane!!!

  Bob R.

Ron Lockhart <ronlock at comcast.net> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }              Here is another candidate for switch reliability.

  One battery with two leads each to a switch, each lead from switch to RX.
  If you can remember to turn on two switches (or mechanically tie both switches to a single
  mechanical actuator) you get redundant switches and connectors to RX.
  Zero additional single point failure items, not heavy or expensive.

  If you want to add battery redundancy; Two batts, each to it's own switch, each with
  seperate cable and connector to RX.
  You have to accept additional workload of checking both batteries often.

  Later, Ron Lockhart