[NSRCA-discussion] JR and un-regulated 6V

Thomas D. Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Jun 15 12:45:48 AKDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:27:57 -0400
"Anthony Romano" <anthonyr105 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> What are you using to measure your voltages? I am looking for a decent
> ESV  that isn't$50.
>
> Anthony

I like the Radio South pro-ESV.  If you get it directly from Radio
South it's $39.99:

http://www.radiosouthrc.com/closeup.asp?cid=16&pid=458&offset=0

It's small and requires no batteries, can measure with no load and has
buttons for .5A, 1.0A and 1.5A loads.  I've had one living in my
field box for about two years - it looks like a Radio Shack project, but
I literally use it before every flight and it works great.

Ironically Tower's description is better than Radio South's:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKLF5&P=0

Stating the obvious, the voltage your packs are delivering under load is
what is important.  Using a consistent load to make those measurements
improves the quality of the measurements.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                 simestd at netexpress.com