[NSRCA-discussion] New radio

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Jun 10 09:38:45 AKDT 2006

I just picked up my new Futaba 12Z. What a nice radio! I should have my
planes set up tonight. Still keeping my trusty old 9ZAP and 9C. Is anyone
else out there using a 12Z? In case anyone was wondering, the 12Z has a lot
of the stuff from the 14MZ. It DOES NOT use Win CE AND it uses EEPROM for
on-board model storage. The 14Mz has a Lithium battery (like the 9Z) which
powers the memory. What this means is you can remove the main battery from a
12Z with no risk of losing anything. I haven't tried the G3 PCM yet - can't
wait. The other nice thing is it's really easy to change from airplane to
heli mode. You don't need to take the Tx apart to remove / install the
ratchet. Just turn 2 screws on the back panel. Nice.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

BTW - Has anyone used non-Futaba Compact Flash cards in their 12Z or 14MZ? I
have a few 32 meg. cards already so it would be cool if I could use one of
them.