[NSRCA-discussion] Cooling Batteries

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 5 09:53:07 AKDT 2006

I've been running the TP 5300s since January, and I've found a noticeable power difference between starting temps of 40F, 70F, and 100F.

At 70F, the lipos come out of the plane at about 115F, whether I start the flight at ambient, or preheat to 100F.  At 40F, it is a struggle to get and keep the lipos at 100F.  This is running about 9 minutes, 3800 mah, with peak current of about 68 amps.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
DaveL322 at comcast.net

From: "Richard Strickland" <richard.s at allied-callaway.com>