[NSRCA-discussion] Heart of Ohio Contest & -Arch Landing-

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 07:14:41 AKDT 2006

Arch is definitely a very cool customer! I am sorry that I missed all the excitement. I would love to know how he went from putting in what I would assume was a normal flight to... UH Ohhhh I had better bring it in... to greasing it in inverted. A dummy like me just holds up elevator (in vain) and watches the plane smash into lots of tiny pieces.

  Dowayne... Thanks for a great contest. I will be back as long as you continue to host it. It was great to see all of the pattern people again including, to a lesser degree, those that kicked my butt :o) You have not see the last of me.

  A special thanks to Verne and the gang that took the time to go through OS maintenance 101 with me. It was very much appreciated and just another reminder about the high quality of pattern people. That is one of those things that non pattern people just don't understand about competing.

  Thanks again
  Anthony

Lisa & Larry <lld613 at psci.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                It was a great contest!!! The numbers were very impressive for a 1st contest. I don’t remember the pilot count but it was well in the 30’s and the weather was the best I recalled for a D4 contest.

  Arch by the way, reminded us all what is possible if you don’t panic when you have an in-flight failure. Elevator was stuck down and he greased an --inverted landing--
.Not one scratch on the plane. Very sweet, I don’t know many people that could have done it
Great job in saving your plane Arch. It’s a free one for now on
.

  Lisa and I had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Larry