[NSRCA-discussion] Andersonville contest

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 15:04:06 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 6/4/2006 3:19:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
scott at rcfoamy.com writes:
Any results and news from the contest ?

Scott Anderson
D3 AVP
Only one mid-air this year (compared to last years three), on Friday, between
Tony Coberly and Emory Schroeter.  Both planes totalled, and both were
Sillouettes.  One other contestant tore the landing gear out of his electric Angels
Shadow when the cowl came loose, and he made a forced landing. That was the
bad news.

The good news:  Excellent contest, good weather, Mac Hodges site gets better
and better.
Emory and assistant CD, Ken Blackwell, did a great job.

One hilite, was that the FAI flyers decided to fly F-07 the last round.  It
was the first time most of them had ever flown it.  Jason had flown it a few
times, and I think Jim may have done it once or twice.  My stick plane got a
workout just prior to the flights as the flyers tried to figure out what end was
up.  Jason won that round, Jim Woodward was second, and Joe Walker third.
They all got applause, as that is one hell of a sequence.

Sportsman:
1. Mario Jorge
2. Rufus Holton
3. Dean Funk

Intermediate:
1. Brian Billings
2. Me
3. Mike Wingo

Advanced:
1. Mike Hester
2. Erik Newsholme
3. Brian Kennedy

Masters:
1. John Fuqua
2. Ryan McLaughlin
3. Jim Ivey

FAI:
1. Jason Shulman
2. Jim Woodward
3. Joe Walker

This is from memory, but I believe they are correct.

Jon Lowe