[NSRCA-discussion] Extreeme Flight Extra 300 (Brio 10)

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Sat Jul 29 08:28:04 AKDT 2006

You going to fly that at Columbia?

Ed

Richard Strickland <richard.s at allied-callaway.com> wrote:

	Not going—at work until 3 ish today and no practice for a couple
weeks—except last Sunday and looked like it was my 2nd time with P07 and the
Bully powered OMS.  I do have a couple more sets of batteries coming and
ought to be set for the rest of this season and next.  Problem is—as it was
for why I dropped out for 10 years—that I’ve got some pretty good sized
systems to figger out and is eating up all my time, plus ‘regular’ time
eaters.  If you know someone that wants a combo Industrial Distributor in
MH, FP, and PT; Tier 1 Automotive Material Handling Contractor that also
does motorcycles, fiberglass, booze, and bullets—have them give me a call—
“Business owner wants more time to fly toy airplanes
”

	Even though I have two sets of batteries—it really isn’t enough to practice
with in hot weather as they don’t cool down quickly enough for charging to
practice in a timely manner.  I know there is some discussion on this, but
the prevailing feeling from what I understand is to charge under 100 F at no
more than 1C, don’t use more than 80% capacity and don’t leave them laying
around very long fully charged—if you want them to LIVE.  I’m working on a
couple of battery scenarios that ought to come together shortly and should
have enough sets that I can get the first or second sets cooled down enough
to fly all day if I want.  Now if I could just get a rainmaker in here so I
can have more TIME.  Oh yeah—and to build an airplane under 8 lbs—no
problem.

	RS