[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140 help

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 05:05:43 AKDT 2006

It sounds like the low end is to rich try opening the low end needle about  a
turn at a time, each time you do this reset the high end to Max rpm then back
 it off about two or three clicks. Bring it down to idle say 2500 rpm hold at
 that position for 30 seconds then go to full throttle. if it smokes and
stutters  coming up it is still rich if it hesitates with little exhaust smoke it
is to  lean if it is rich repeat the procedure and continue to lean out the
low end by  opening the low end needle a little at a time. The first YS-140
sports had to small an opening in the low end carb barrel baffle  that required
it to be drilled out to 1/8 inch diameter and caused similar  problems.
Assuming all else is OK with the engine this should work I have had to  do this for
several people who have had this problem and it worked every  time. Also the
YS140 loves High Nitro fuel I am running Magnum-2 mine turns 9000  rpm on a good
day with a 16x11 APC prop. Good luck
Buddy
PS. Some YS-140's require five turns out on the low end  needle.