[NSRCA-discussion] Holy cow FAI Nats unknowns

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 20 04:45:20 AKDT 2006

They are posted on the nats update page from the AMA's website. www.modelaircraft.org

  The descriptions alone gave me a headache. Every maneuver seems to have two different rolling elements to it. Stuff like 4 of 8 point roll up 1 and 11/72 snap on the way down (I'm being fecetious but you know what I mean). I would love to just sit and watch every flight. I think there is also a figure S with rolls in opposite directions.

  The level of control and precision of the FAI and even Masters pilots who decipher this stuff and make it look like they have been doing it their whole lives is incredible! I tried to fly the sequence last night with a stick plane and crashed!

  I also didn't know that it was against the rules to use a sim to practice the unknowns the night before, thanks for clearing that up Steve.

  Anthony

brian young <brian_w_young at yahoo.com> wrote:
  where did you see them at? ..posted somewhere?

Anthony Abdullah <aabdu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:     Has anyone seen the unknown schedule for FAI? I can't in a million years imagine flying that with lots and lots of practice, not to mention just reading it, practicing with a stick plane or a sim, then flying it! How amazingly good have RC pilots gotten!

  I would zero about 75% of those maneuvers then crash before I finished the sequence.

  Wow

  Anthony