[NSRCA-discussion] Mintor Head for Remote Glow

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 19:28:54 AKDT 2006

Mintor Head for Remote GlowTim,
Here's what I do.  First let me say this wasn't my idea, but it works well.  I got it from Dave Lockhart.  Remove the sleeve, clean the oil from the top flange, and tack on some 600 grit.  You can use the flange as a template to cut the paper to an exact circle with no overlap.  put a little oil in the head and evenly spin the sleeve back and forth for about 3 minutes.  The anodizing will be gone and the circuit will be made.

I currently believe that the new APC 18.1x10 prop is the best I've flown on the Mintor 170.  Their airfoil experience and the super wide blade give great efficiency and braking. At 7950 rpm the noise is low.

--Lance