[NSRCA-discussion] klipped to repost.. Snap

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Sat Jul 8 14:13:28 AKDT 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Pavlick
  To: geobet at gis.net
  Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 1:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] klipped to repost.. Snap

  Georgie,
   Please forward this to the list - I'm at work:

  Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. A video would help. Re - the "sound of the sticks" - that's unbelievable. My sticks don't make any sound when I fly through a snap. And no, I'm not using "snap roll" switches. If you truly fly all the way through and don't just let go of the sticks when you want to stop, you won't hear a thing. Maybe I just haven't learned the correct way to fly a snap yet.

  John Pavlick
  http://www.idseng.com

  "george w. kennie" <geobet at gis.net> wrote:
                "We need descriptive language that is widely accepted."

          What we've had for years is "LANGUAGE" !   In my experience, everything expressed in language has been twisted and manipulated and interpreted to the whim of the reader and will never be able to achieve the status of being widely accepted.
    IMHO, the best shot at reaching some degree of consensus is a actual video that you can slow-down, speed-up and analyze to your heart's content. Then and only then can a descriptive (language) be written that is capable of being supported by what takes place in the video. It becomes very difficult to challenge what is visually apparent.
    We probably not only need the video of the correct way to do it, but additional videos displaying poor execution and highlighting and explaining the downgrades even the subtle inadequacies.
    This is the only way this thing is ever going to go away, IMO.Without such a tool we'll be doing this forever.
    I still love ya, Nat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    G.