[NSRCA-discussion] Snaps

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 11:45:27 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 7/8/2006 2:09:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
natpenton at centurytel.net writes:
Matt
Regards. Two comments.
Snap characteristics are independent of scale. The only thing that changes is
the clock ( due to changes in moments of inertia ).
When the rudder is applied it is the outboard wing that exceeds the stall AOA
and dumps. Actually it is not much of a lift dump but a huge jump in drag.
Nat true. Moments of inertia are design parameters. So are several other key
parameters that may make or break a model's ability to perform snaps. That was
my point.

I agree in terms of AOA (outboard aileron low) and drag increase but I am not
as sure regards to lift. I know what you are saying though.

One question: how does the outboard panel lift over the top if its lift has
been dumped?