[NSRCA-discussion] Analog Servo RF Masking and....Thanks!

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 5 06:18:23 AKDT 2006

I have seen this kind of "Twilight Zone" ( I really like that term!) failure in industrial products. The problem is probably present in the Analog setup but the system is not fast enough for it to show.

If the digital servos are trying to latch up on the leading edge of a signal shift they may simply be following switching transients.

I seem to recall a condition where Jr had a filter across the signal at the reciever and Futaba had a filter across the signal at the servo. Since it always seemed to work OK  so the condition was ignored. May be that the filter has become essential. I suppose that we may have reached the point in time that we can no longer ignore the differences in the two systems.

I have used mixed systems but I have never been comfortable ignoring any engineer's specfications.

When you mix the two systems it is a hack and you become the test pilot...

BTW, my guess is that the glitch can be fixed with a capacitor (100pf?) across the signal at the servo end. But then it might just make it worse!

John Ferrell    W8CCW
"My Competition is not my enemy"
http://DixieNC.US