[NSRCA-discussion] Snap (lesson learned)

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Jul 4 09:23:49 AKDT 2006

Yes, further examination revealed that not all of the fuel in the tank was
evenly displaced throughout it's interior at the moment that the auto
rotation occured. This was most likely due to the fact that the airplane
suddenly decelerated while achieving the perfect pitch-break. Therefore,
there was a slight bias to one side of the tank. Even though the auto
rotation occurred precisely around the C.G., the tank was torn loose due to
the asymmetrical forces invloved. In fact, if you're not ripping the tank
out of your airplane, you're probably not performing a "real" snap. <LOL>
(I'm kidding of course) I wish I could have seen that one Mike!

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com